(Forwarded) Rejected Mail

Peter J. Punt,MBL-TNO,Rijswijk,The Neth. PETER_PU at MBL-PROG.MBL.tno.nl
Wed Feb 9 03:41:10 EST 1994

Forwarded message:
From:    Postmaster at mbl-prog.mbl.tno.nl
To:      PETER_PU at mbl-prog.mbl.tno.nl
Subject: Rejected Mail
Date:    Wed, 09 Feb 94 09:26:54  +100

Unable to deliver message because:

      ALSCHROE at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu.\.\ : Problems with this Address

Returned Text follows
-------------------
To:           ALSCHROE at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu.\.\
From:         "Peter J. Punt,MBL-TNO,Rijswijk,The Neth."  <PETER_PU at MBL-PROG.MBL.TNO.NL>
Date:         9 Feb 94 09:31:17 +0100 (MET DST)
Subject:      Re: fungal promoters
CC:           mycology at daresbury.ac.uk

> Date:          Tue, 08 Feb 94 14:41:43 PST
> From:          ALSCHROE at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu.\(\).\(\)(\) (Dr. Alice L. Schroeder \(509/335-7010\))
> To:            "bionet.mycology mail newsgroup" <bionet-news at dl.ac.uk>
> Subject:       fungal promoters

> I am interested in any fungal promoters made up of separate elements that lack
> promoter function when present alone, such as separate enhancer and TATA
> elements.   I'd be indebted to anyone who can inform me of these!  Martin L.
> Pall at alschroe at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu

Dear Dr. Pall, recently we have developed a fungal mini-promoter
based on sequences from the constitutively expressed Aspergilus
nidulans gpdA gene. This mini-promoter contains all sequences
necessary and sufficient for correct transcription initiation,
drives a significant but low level of basal activity and is not
effected by wide domain C- and N-control. Convenient cloning sites
(KpnI and NotI) are present upstream of the transcription initiation
sites. The promoter is followed by the reporter gene lacZ, and
contains the argB marker for fungal transformation, which makes this
vector suitable for the analysis of fungal upstream elements. Please
let me know if this suits you. The vector is freely available for non-
commercial use.

 | Peter J. Punt                         Internet: punt at mbl.tno.nl          |
 | Medical Biological Laboratory TNO                                        |
 | Department of Molecular Genetics and Gene-Technology                     |
 | Postbox 5815                                                             |
 | 2280 HV Rijswijk                      Phone (..) 31 15 843122            |
 | The Netherlands                       Fax   (..) 31 15 843989            |