Morels

Lee Snider rxs at news.fc.hp.com
Fri Feb 11 20:57:57 EST 1994

I was wondering if anyone out there has any information concerning
cultivation of Morel species (Morchella esculenta, Morchella augusticeps)
in an indoor enviroment. I know Fungi Perfecti sells a kit but it is
one that is done outdoors.

According to Stamets "Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms", Morel
Mountain is the only place that has a patented process for commercial
cultivation. Is this true? I've seen kits in plant catalogs (The Gourmet
Mushroom Co.) that promise some pretty "amazing" things so I thought
I would check with the experts to make sure.

Thanks

Lee Snider