Mold Research: Student Research Quest

Cory M Wisnia cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu
Mon Feb 14 14:15:37 EST 1994

February 8, 1994

DEAR INTERNET:

Hello.  My name is Rhea Rynearson. I'm an 8th grade student at Mendocino
Middle School and I'm doing a science project on mold.   I have some
questions that I have not been able to find the answers for in our local
school library:

What are some  different kinds of useful molds other than for cheeses and
penicillin which are well known?

Why are some kinds of mold be deadly poisonous? What part of the body do
they affect?

What are some of the benefits from various molds besides blue cheese and
penicillin?

Are there molds which are now being used for new drugs for important
sicknesses?

Is there an ftp site or gopher site where I can find more information,
or a LISTSERVE that you know about?

You can e-mail me through my teacher Cory Wisnia, at
cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu.

Thank you for getting this information for me.  I appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

RHEA RYNEARSON

NOTE FROM HER TEACHER:  Rhea  suffers from a severe reading and writing
disability, even though she is a very bright person. Any assistance in
her quest for information will be appreciated,  especially if written in
as relatively easy to under stand manner.  Thanks --
||     / \|/  \  CORY  WISNIA             ||
||     |(O)(O) | cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu ||
||     \  ×   /  MENDOCINO   CA           ||