Mushroom prices

Cory M Wisnia cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu
Tue Jan 11 12:30:13 EST 1994

My name is Stuart Hayter. I am in eighth grade and attend Mendocino
Middle school. I am currently doing a science project about the market
for north coast mushrooms and the demand for them.I know that Chantrelles
usually sell for about 2.50 to 6.00$ a pound.I would like to know the
average price given for Chantelles,  such as Yellow Feet,  Hedghogs,
Matsutakis, Gambones (Boletus Edulis) and Cocolees. I'm using the slang
names of these mushrooms because I am not familiar with some of their
scientific names. If you could tell me which slang or common names go
with the scientific names it would help a lot with getting pictures from
books,  which I would like to put into  my report.  I would be very happy
if you could send me this inf. You can send it to me by Cory Wisnia
e-mail to cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu

PS:  I am mostly interested in Northern California,  but would also be
interested in the prices in other areas to compare. --
||     / \|/  \  CORY  WISNIA             ||
||     |(O)(O) | cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu ||
||     \  ×   /  MENDOCINO   CA           ||