roots and ectomycorrhizae and estimates of...

James J. Worrall jworrall at rodan.syr.edu
Fri Jun 24 09:56:56 EST 1994

A graduate student of mine, Heather Jones, recently
finished her MS thesis on a new chitin-based technique
to measure fungal biomass, in her case in wood. One
manuscr. is submitted and another is pending. But
there have been a good number of articles on measuring
fungal biomass in the last few years, in some cases
specifically in mycorrhizae. I suggest you start
with a literature review if you haven't already.
Then, if you want more information on our technique,
let me know and I'll be glad to help.