how to protoplast lichens?

Scott Kroken kroken at nature.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 27 14:04:40 EST 1994

Has anyone out there succeeded (or even attempted) to make protoplasts of
cultured lichen mycobiont?   I suspect this may be easier planned then
done (the culture is not fluffy filaments, but a tight little wad of
tissue with tough cell walls), so I would much appreciate ideas that you
may have.  Thanks.

______________________________________________________________________S
ott Kroken                             internet:
kroken at nature.berkeley.edu
321 Koshland Hall                        lab:  (510) 642 8441
Dept. of Plant Biology                   fax:  (510) 642 4995
UC-Berkeley                              home: (510) 845 1223
Berkeley, CA                "So preye I god that noon miswryte thee,
         94720            Ne thee mismetre for defaute of tonge.
                       And red wher-so thou be, or elles songe,
                             That thou be understonde."