Medicinal Properties of Mushrooms

Wilf Rosenbaum rosen at fraser.sfu.ca
Fri Mar 25 11:45:05 EST 1994

Hi,
  I am looking for evidence substantiating some claims I have heard
  suggesting that some forms of mushrooms may provide some protection
  against various forms of cancer or other diseases. I have done a search
  on Medline but that revealed only a few studies that showed increased
  incidence of cancer among rats whose diets contained high proportion of
  raw mushrooms. There was no indication of any study which showed any
  protective effects.

  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this far.

  Wilf Rosenbaum
  rosen at sfu.ca