Fungal Genetics Text Book

G Turner gn1gt at sunc.sheffield.ac.uk
Tue May 24 04:34:05 EST 1994

Does anyone know of a good, relatively up to date textbook
covering basic fungal genetics?  Although there are a number
of recent books on Applied Fungal Molecular Genetics, we are
concerned at the lack of Fungal Genetics books still in print
in the U.K. (i.e. NONE at present).  Most Microbial Genetics
text books deal only with bacteria and phage, sometimes with
a passing mention only of fungi.
Our undergraduate students are often asking for where they
can read more about the parasexual cycle, mitotic recombination,
meiotic mapping etc. in fungi, and we  have to tell them that
the books we recommend  (e.g. Fincham, Day and Radford) are
all that remains of out of print books in the library or on our
bookshelves.

Geoff Turner
Morris Grindle
Sheffield, U.K.