Northern Lactarii

REDHEADS at NCCCOT.AGR.CA REDHEADS at NCCCOT.AGR.CA
Tue Nov 1 09:49:45 EST 1994

Hi Andrea Hoyt - I presume that you are studying with Daryl
Grund in Nova Scotia.  He had a student working on Lactarius
who continued at the University of Toronto.  Check with David
Malloch to see if you can get a copy of her thesis on boreal
Lactarius species.

I have a database on all published records of Canadian
agarics, chanterelles & boletes.  I can produce a printout of
all Lactarius species reported in the literature from any
province or territory and give references.  For example the
following have been reported from the Northwest Territories
and Yukon Territories.  See how much exploration can be done
up there!  You might also contact Orson K. Miller who
collected in the Yukon years ago and no doubt has more
collections.  We in Ottawa (DAOM) also have unpublished
records.  Contact us when you have a project outline.

Lactarius sp.
     Jennings 1936: 2,4-5
     Ohenoja 1971: 67
NW

Lactarius controversus?
     Dearness 1928: 121
NW

Lactarius deliciosus
     Spence 1932: 53
     Miller 1972: 55-56
     Chung 1984: 192
NW YT

Lactarius dryadophilus
     Ohenoja & Ohenoja 1993: 182
NW

Lactarius glyciosmus
     Ohenoja & Ohenoja 1993: 182
NW

Lactarius hysginus
     Spence 1932: 53
NW

Lactarius lanceolatus
     Ohenoja & Ohenoja 1993: 183
NW

Lactarius lignyotus
     McArthur 1966: 161
NW

Lactarius nanus
     Ohenoja & Ohenoja 1993: 183
NW

Lactarius pseudouvidus
     Ohenoja & Ohenoja 1993: 184
NW

Lactarius rufus
     Chung 1984: 193
     Ohenoja & Ohenoja 1993: 185
NW YT

Lactarius salicis-herbaceae
     Ohenoja & Ohenoja 1993: 185
NW

Lactarius speciosus
     Parmelee 1968: 5
     Parmelee 1969: 52
NW

Lactarius torminosus
     Spence 1932: 53
     Chung 1984: 184,191
     Schalkwijk-Barendsen 1991: 42,44,215
     Ohenoja & Ohenoja 1993: 186
NW YT

Lactarius torminosus?
     Dearness 1928: 121
NW

Lactarius vellereus
     Polunin 1934: 202
NW

Contact: Scott Redhead
          Centre for Land and Biological Resources Research
          Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
          Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0C6