Clitocybe nuda?

Stamets 1 stamets1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 15:15:10 EST 1994

In article <39nv3b$ki8 at epicycle.lm.com>, Richard W. Kerrigan
<rwk at sylvanres.com> writes:

FYI  - I fruited L. nuda last year in a cold room (40 F.) on sterilized
alder
chips (Alnus rubra) where the light was turned on probably 3 times a week.
I mention this because I was under the impression that microorganisms
triggered fruitbody production. The bag was hermetically sealed and
showed no evidence of contamination. Hence, I presume microbes are
not critical for fructification, n'est pas?

What about the heart-toxin I've heard about? Does anyone have any info.?

paul stamets