Fascism at Work in our Government

Lewis Melville lmelvill at uoguelph.ca
Fri Oct 7 10:22:52 EST 1994

Bob Harris (harris at bhc.com) wrote:
: I just downloaded this and thought all the "mycophiles" might like to
: investigate this more fully:

: This may be a bit premature since I have not myself verified exactly
: what happened, however, I have it on good authority that in
: mid-to-late-September to DEA sent a written order to ATCC (American
: Type
: Culture Center, I believe) demanding that they destroy all their
: psilocybian mushroom cultures.  Evidently the researchers at ATCC
: carried out the order.  It's my understanding that ATCC was one of the
: only legal sources for such cultures.

	This seems like a futile task. It's highly unlikely that anyone
interested in culturing psilocybin for questionable purposes would need
to obtain their material from the ATCC. This would be like destroying
hemp seed kept in a seed bank as a means to eliminating street use of
cannibis.
Question: Should scientists carry out this type of order or resort to
civil disobedience?

: I'll be trying to get some solid facts on this when I return to on
: Monday.  If anyone has any info please funnel it my way.

: -richard glen boire
: The Entheogen Law Reporter
: P.O. Box 73481
: Davis, CA 95617-3481