Leptosphaeria maculans on Arabidopsis

Seanna Annis sannis at uoguelph.ca
Fri Oct 7 20:53:43 EST 1994

Larry Ilag (llilag at minerva.cis.yale.edu) wrote:
: Does anyone know of research articles documenting Leptosphaeria maculans
: (Phoma lingam; causal agent of blackleg) infection on Arabidopsis thaliana?
: Thanks in advance.

: Larry Ilag

I am working on this fungus for my PhD.  I have never heard of it
naturally or artifically attacking Arabidopsis.  I suggest getting a few
highly virulent cultures and try it.  It may work, I don't know off the
top of my head how close Arabidopsis is to Crucifers.
Dr. Paul Williams, at Michigan State University has a large collection of
isolates, and if this host-pathogen interaction has ever been tried he
might know.   Good luck Seanna sannis at uoguelph.ca