Help finding a gelatinous mushroom ...

William783 william783 at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 23:37:06 EST 1994

It is probably all too obvious that I'm not a mycologist.

But I've was told about a gelatinous mushroom that grows is Oregon.
I actually saw one in Oct of '92 (my how times flies) at a Mychology
workshop.  I didn't write the name down.  Can anyone guide me to what it
is called and if there are more than one.   I'm particularly interested in
its range, and in any native american uses of it.

A woman in California who makes paper out of mushrooms said at this
workshop that it could be use as a sizing.

Any help will be appreciated.

And good hunting this Autumn.

William