Fungus tea

Geoff.Tennant TennentG at micr.unp.ac.za
Wed Sep 7 01:24:02 EST 1994

In article <34ir7t$nk0 at search01.news.aol.com> stamets1 at aol.com (Stamets 1) writes:
>From: stamets1 at aol.com (Stamets 1)
>Subject: Re: Fungus tea
>Date: 6 Sep 1994 18:42:05 -0400

>In article <34ihft$ml0 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Don Reynolds
><dreynold at bcf.usc.edu> writes:

>the fungus tea you mention might be referring to one called the
>"Manchurian
>Mushroom" or Chambucha, Kambuska, etc....

>I have grown it and have lots of information on it.

>It is very popular with the New Agers who
>would rather drink a substance of unknown
>identity than to learn that it may kill you.
>seriously. give me your address and i
>will send you an info sheet on it.

>paul stamets

Paul,

This fungus tea was all the rage here in about 1990, but the craze died out
very quickly.  I can't help but feel that the article by R. Frank (posted by
Sean Maschue) sounds like one of those TV mail order advertisements (i.e.
too good to be true).  I have allways thought that there must be some
serious mycotoxins in this gunk.  Are there?

Geoff Tennant
University of Natal
South Africa