Mycobacterium tuberculosis?

Matthew J. Gianni gianni at chaos.dominican.edu
Mon Apr 10 23:10:31 EST 1995

Hello All,

Excuse me if this turns out to be the wrong kind of question for this
group, but I've been studying a little bit about tuberculosis, and I'm
not sure what is meant by the classification of mycobacterium. What are
the distigushing features of a mycobacterium that set it apart from
other forms of bacteria? And what, if anything, does it have in common
with fungi?

TIA for anything that may shed some light on the subject! :)

Matthew J. Gianni <gianni at chaos.dominican.edu>

Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds.
Biochemistry is the study of carbon compounds that crawl.
		-- Mike Adams