Morrels and Mycology Groups

Frank T. Durante ftdurant at
Wed Apr 19 21:06:52 EST 1995

I am an amateur mushroom hunter in Central New York.  Over the past few
years I've learned to identify and eat (obviously not dead yet!) several
species.  I would, however, like to expand my knowledge; short of taking
technical courses.  Are there any groups consisting of amateurs and
professionals in the area of Syracuse, NY.

Also, besides giving me latitude/longitude, could anyone advise me as to
the best environment for morrels in Central New York.