Forays

Steve Pencall spencal at nextlab13.calstatela.edu
Fri Apr 21 14:39:54 EST 1995

In article <950420073451_89599344 at aol.com> MZieg1234 at aol.com writes:
> Could anyone steer me to major forays in the Northeast or Midatlantic
for
> this summer. Thank you.  <mzieg1234 at aol.com>

Here's two that I know of.  There are undoubtably more.

July 3-14, 1995  Fleshy Fungi of the Southern Appalachians at the
Highlands Biological Station in North Carolina will be taught by Dr. Ron
Petersen of the University of Tennessee.
A two week romp through the mushrooms of the southern Appalachian mountain
forests.  Special course features include use and creation of keys,
microscopy, daily field trips and frequent lectures; mushroom cookery is
optional and extra-curricular.  Former students have been pleased and at
least one marriage has resulted.   Enrollment limited to ten; tuition
scholarships available.
Contact Dr. Richard Bruce, Director, Highlands Biological Station, P.O.
Drawer 580, Highlands, N.C. 28741

August 3-6, 1995 Sam Ristich Annual Northeast Mycological Foray to be held
at the State University of New York at Oswego on Lake Ontario. Alan
Bessete will be principal mycologist.  Contact:
 Dave Fischer
343 Randolph Street
Syracuse, NY 13205