Growing truffles

roger Roger at ducks.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 14:06:22 EST 1995

In article <DCMJxM.9E1 at cix.compulink.co.uk>
           ecoli at cix.compulink.co.uk "K N and P J Harris" writes:

> TUBER AESTIVUM the Summer Truffle - the only knd that grows in UK and

There is AFAIK another UK variety which is in season during the
autumn and winter. As a child in Somerset, I remember finding them with
little trouble. They grow in woods with a mixture of oak, ash and birch
and are reddish brown. They are superior in flavour to T. Aestivum
and a fair bit larger too. I'll try to find a reference.

Roger