garlic

Paul T. Magee ptm at BIOSCI.CBS.UMN.EDU
Fri Aug 11 09:20:36 EST 1995

Scott-
I would advise strongly against using garlic to get rid of pests while
trying to preserve the fungi. Garlic (most likely the active ingredient,
alliine) is a very effective fungicidal agent against Candida albicans.
In fact, a new antibiotic with commercial potential is called alliamine
and is no doubt related to alliine.
Pete Magee>