Fairy rings and lawns: Q?

Rosetty Rosetty at Microserve.com
Sat Aug 12 14:56:10 EST 1995

Hi....I"m doing graduate research in mycology...although not on fairy
rings....I don't know much except what I learned in my Mycology course...essenti
ally, these rings do not harm grass roots.  The fungus is one big fungus..the
same organism....that sprouts whese fruiting bodies...(the mushrooms)....since
fungi are by and large, saprophytic...they should not be drawing on living
grasses, not endangering them in any way...

FULL INTERNET ACCESS    MicroServe Information Systems     ALL USENET GROUPS
25+ Gigs of files            800.380.INET voice         T1,56,PPP,UUCP,WWW,...
   Unlimited Time            www.microserve.net               $75 yearly
(Pa)   Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Stroudsburg, Hazleton
            "THE NORTHEAST EXTENSION ON THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY"
------------------your unlimited Internet access provider----------------------