More on that alleged A. campestris

Barnaby Dellar bpd at dcs.ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 06:10:15 EST 1995

George Riner writes:

> Larry Caldwell pointed out that I need to specify my location.
> I see his point, I'm a bit new to this.
>
> 	These were found in eastern Massachusetts.
>
> I checked up on Larry's suggestion of A. placomyces, which is what I first
> thought when I saw them, because of the gray-ish fine fibrils.
>
> I picked a dozen, in various stages of maturity, and was expecting a
> phenolic/iodine odor and some bruising.  But there was a complete lack
> of both features.  And, the younger stages don't have quite the strong 'boxy'
> look to the cap that I've seen (Arora uses the term 'marshmallow-shaped').
>
> I'd be glad to hear from Barnaby Dillar again about his A. campestris-like
> stuff that grows in the woods.  Any references you can point me to?

I'll need to go home and check my field guides, but I'll try and post some info
tomorrow...

Barnaby Dellar.  +++++++++++ Stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal +++++++++++
                 ++++ If you agree copy these 3 sentences in your own sig ++++
bpd at dcs.ed.ac.uk + more info: http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm +

                 Bored and trying to avoid his dissertation.