oomycete taxonomy

Peter Herman herman at populus.slu.se
Thu Aug 24 05:24:08 EST 1995

Detlef D. Leipe (leipe at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) wrote:
: I am looking for a current taxonomic treatment of the oomycetes.
: Most importantly I would like to have a list of valid
: species names.  Could anybody help with a literature reference,
: ftp or www site.

: All help appreciated,

:    Detlef

For the "lower" oomycetes, Sparrow's Aquatic Phycomycetes is a starting
point.  There are good keys/treatments of Achlya (late 60s) by
William Scott, and Saprolegnia by Roland Seymour in 1970 or 71, Nova
Hedwegia

If these leads aren't enough I'll e-mail my lab and have them check my
bookshelf. (I am on sabbatical currently and havent worked much on the
watermolds in about 3 or 4 years)

Peter

R. Peter Herman				email	Peter.Herman at mv.slu.se
Sveriges Lantbruksuniversitet		Phone:	+46 18 67 12 20
Inst. f. Markvetenskap			Fax:	+46 18 67 27 95
S750 07 Uppsala, Sweden