FW: oomycete taxonomy

"David Brayford ", IMI D.BRAYFORD at cabi.org
Thu Aug 24 04:51:25 EST 1995

From: Geoffrey Hall (IMI)
Subject: RE: oomycete taxonomy
Date: 24 August 1995 10:05

Dear Detlef

'The Straminipila', a comprehensive taxonomic treatment of the Oomycetes in
is preparation by Dr M.W. Dick (University of Reading) and will be published
in 1996 by CAB INTERNATIONAL.  It will contain a list of validated generic
and some species names.  There is no list of valid species names for fungi
in the the entire class, but lists for some genera can be found in various
monographic treatments, Thunbergia 15 (1992: Peronospora names) and the
Index of Fungi.  Happy searching.

Geoffrey Hall
g.hall at cabi.org