Penicillium Transformation & Selection

Theodore C. Crusberg crusberg at wpi.edu
Thu Aug 31 08:50:53 EST 1995

I am working with Penicillium ochro-chloron and would like to be able
to transform this sp.  First, we need a selectable marker, but the
organism is already hygromycin B resistant.  Any ideas?  We also need
a transformation protocol for Penicillium (protoplasts
vs. electroporation vs. balistic methods?), and even a vector
(plasmid?)  We currently have no auxotrophs and would prefer some kind
of antibiotic selectable marker. Please help if you can.
Ted Crusberg/Biology & Biotechnology Dept./Worcester Polytechnic
Institute/Worcester MA 01609