Pacific NW field guides?

Bob Galvan kasplash at crl.com
Fri Dec 1 13:08:56 EST 1995

Dave Delacey  <ddelace at PEAK.ORG> wrote:

>I've been trying to ID the different fungi I've come across during the
>past two years using the Audubon's field guide, and I haven't had much
>success.  Lack of effort, maybe?  Is there a better guide for the area?

The field guide that all the west coast mycological societies (and
commercial pickers) use is _All That the Rain Promises, and More_,
by David Arora, about $20.

Then there is the more indepth _Mushrooms Demystified_ also by Arora.
about $30.

Most folks take "Rain" with them in their back pocket, and keep "DM" in
the car or at home, because it weighs about 5 lbs!