Request for help with hyphomycete id.

cws1 at axe.humboldt.edu cws1 at axe.humboldt.edu
Sun Dec 3 22:47:01 EST 1995

I've got a real headache of an isolate from Carex roots gathered from
alpine and subalpine meadows.  If you might be able to offer suggestions
(it's not in Domsch and Gams) it has the following properties:
- clamp connections at every septa, extending about 2um from the hypha
- hypha about 1.6 - 4.5 um diameter
- cross connections frequent between hypha 30+ um apart.
- connidia found scattered about in small clusters, but no recognizeable
conideogenous cells; conidia abo9ut1.7 - 3.6 um diameter
- culture is powdery white.
- meadow soils were likely Histisols.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Curt Seeliger                                 cws1 at axe.humboldt.edu
Humbled State University
Arcata, CA      95521

The views expressed herein are       "I can not live without books."
not only my views, but also the       -- Thomas Jefferson
views of Humboldt State University
and the rest of the world as well,  "I don't want to live in a country
so wise up bucko!                    that can't make it's own television
                                     sets"
                                     -- H. Ross Perot