World production figures of edible mushrooms

Jerry Haugen mycowrld at
Sun Dec 3 20:50:44 EST 1995

"Peter Oei (ECO Consult)" <poei at> wrote:
>Who can provide me with more or less reliable data how many mushrooms
>have been produced and which species, later than 1991?
>I have a list from 1991 by Shu Ting Chang, have there been more recent
>publications which include speciality mushrooms like Pholiota nameko and
>heticium erniaceus?
>Peter Oei

There is a lot of world-wide data at:

Unfortunately, not much info by species.  If you find the data you are looking for, could you post it to this newsgroup?  Thanks.

The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter
MycoWrld at