Request for help with hyphomycete id.

Steven Carpenter microbe at PEAK.ORG
Mon Dec 4 09:08:30 EST 1995

Your description is interesting, but identification of fungi over
the internet is pretty difficult unless you can post a visual with
the short verbal description.

Dr. David Largent is a mycologist at your university, and could
probably figure this out for you.

If not, my company will do so for a fee.

-Steven E. Carpenter, Ph.D.
 Cascade Research Associates
  & Abbey Lane Laboratory
 microbe at peak.org

cws1 at axe.humboldt.edu wrote:

: I've got a real headache of an isolate from Carex roots gathered from
: alpine and subalpine meadows.  If you might be able to offer suggestions
: (it's not in Domsch and Gams) it has the following properties:
: - clamp connections at every septa, extending about 2um from the hypha
: - hypha about 1.6 - 4.5 um diameter
: - cross connections frequent between hypha 30+ um apart.
: - connidia found scattered about in small clusters, but no recognizeable
: conideogenous cells; conidia abo9ut1.7 - 3.6 um diameter
: - culture is powdery white.
: - meadow soils were likely Histisols.

: Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

: Curt Seeliger                                 cws1 at axe.humboldt.edu
: Humbled State University
: Arcata, CA      95521

: The views expressed herein are       "I can not live without books."
: not only my views, but also the       -- Thomas Jefferson
: views of Humboldt State University
: and the rest of the world as well,  "I don't want to live in a country
: so wise up bucko!                    that can't make it's own television
:                                      sets"
:                                      -- H. Ross Perot