South American Field Guide

Regis.Courtecuisse Regis.Courtecuisse at phare.univ-lille2.fr
Tue Dec 12 06:00:34 EST 1995

In article <4aj00q$29h at newshost.lanl.gov>, 74627.3370 at compuserve.com
says...

>I would appreciate any suggestions for a good field guide for southern
>South America, preferably in English?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Ted Stampfer

I know no true field-guide (if understood as a bok with nice colour
photographs or illustrations in a pocket format...) for this area.
May I suggest that you try the following (very good)
E.Horak -1979- Flora Criptogamica de tierra del fuego/ Tomo XI(fasc.6),
Fungi, Basidiomycetes. Agaricales y Gasteromycetes secotioides. 524 pp.
(in spanish!)
(an address on the book is "Funfacion para la Educacion, la Cicencia y la
Cultura. Moreno 431, Buenos Aires, Argentina"). I don't know if it is
still available...
Other books exist. Is this too southern ?
Regards and hope this helps !
			Régis