phleomycin transformed strains

MANNERS, DR. John M. J.Manners at botany.uq.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 23:52:23 EST 1995

Hi Everyone,

We are interested in the 'horizontal transfer' of specific
chromosomes between normally genetically incompatible fungal biotypes
and species. We aer using specific chromosomes tagged with selectable
marker genes (usually hygR) in donor strains and recipient strains
tagged with phleomycin resistance. So far our work has focused on
Colletotrichum gloeosporioides but we are now interested in trying
other species as recipients.

Therefore I am interested in accessing some strains of ascomycete/deuteromycete
fungi which are transformed for resistance to phleomycin. The level
of resistance should be higher than 10 micrograms per ml.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful. Please reply directly to
my Email address.

thanks a lot

John Manners
John Manners