mycorhizal fungi

Lewis Melville lmelvill at uoguelph.ca
Thu Feb 2 16:20:07 EST 1995

Paul Stewart (stewart at bud.peinet.pe.ca) wrote:
: Fellow Myconuts:
: 	Has anyone a contact for research or info regarding mycorhizal fungi?
: Specifically, I'm looking for any attempts to culture them.  My idea is
: to try extracts of the companion roots or surrounding soil as additives
: to agar and similar additives to the spawn mix (grain, wood chips, sawdust).

	We published a book called Practical Methods in Mycorrhiza
Research which contains information on culturing and isolating Ecto
fungi. It is available from Mycologue PUblications, 8728 Lochside Drive,
Sidney, B.C. Canada. V8L 1M8. U.S. $23.00.

	Culturing VAM fungi is a different story, usually done in pot
cultures with a host plant.

	You could also join the micronet listserv list, and contact
mycorrhiza reseachers that way. SEnd a mail message to
listserv at uoguelph.ca with the message
subscribe micronet <your name>
Good luck. lewis melville.