Hyphomycetes

Dr PW Crous, Plantpatologie, Tel 4796 pwc at MATIES.SUN.AC.ZA
Tue Feb 7 11:47:49 EST 1995

Does anyone know of a good paper illustrating/discussing the mode of
conidiogenesis of the hyphomycete genera (conidial fungi) Gyrothrix Corda
and Circinotrichum Nees.  I think several papers suggest they have
annellations near the apices of the conidiogenous cells.  However, could
these not be small denticles?  (I ask this because of a weird strain I have
isolated that appears to have the latter).

On a similar note, does anyone know who erected (and where) the genus
Vermiculariopsiella.  I suspect its Castaneda & Kendrick (its also recent).

Yours in anticipation
Pedro Crous
PWC at MATIES.SUN.AC.ZA