Honey Mushrooms are Tree killers?

BrianMc brianmc at aol.com
Sat Feb 11 00:03:49 EST 1995

Tom Volk is the current "Expert of Note" on the topic of Armillaria.  If
he says it's so, I'm certainly not about to disagree.  Armillaria has been
something of a running topic of late, and I've picked up on a few threads
here for inclusion in my e-mail newsletter, MycoInfo.

If the participants don't mind,  I'd like to cross-post this discussion as
well.

Reports from 1992 of "Humoungous Fungus" from upper Michigan, and SW
Washington state, were both species of Armillaria.  It definitely one of
the more ubiquitous fleshy fungi.