The Mycologia Index, Vols. 1-58

Gene Yetter gyetter at PANIX.COM
Mon Feb 13 23:24:49 EST 1995

Regular mycology newsgroup readers may recall the announcement I posted in
December 1994 in which I sought volunteers to help transcribe the
Mycologia Index, Vols. 1-58, to disk so that it could be made available
online at the Telnet site, fungi.ars-grin.gov.  I will scan the 1100-page
Index and farm out to volunteers the task of cleaning-up and proofing of
the scanner output.

The project is still on track.  Of the entire index, the first
section, Fungus Taxa, through p. 514, has been scanned, broken up
into blocks of pages and assigned to volunteers.  About half of
that number of pages have been cleaned up and e-mailed back to me.  We're
about a quarter of the way home.

The individuals who have returned cleaned-up scanner output to
date include: Felix (fgrun at mail.med.cornell.edu>), Kathie Hodge
(Cornell University), Fred Rhoades (Bellingham, WA), Leo J. Van
Griensven (The Netherlands), Brian McNett (Bremerton, WA), Richard
Woodside (Canada) and Eugene Varney, Ph.D. (Rutgers University).
Leo is the runaway leader with 120 pages returned.  Quite an
international cooperative effort!

Several individuals have agreed to assist who have not yet been
sent scanner output.  This situation will be corrected as soon as
I can devote more time to scanning.  Additional volunteers will be
needed as we swing into the Host Index and Subject Index sections.

Many thanks to those who have participated or are still working on
their sections.  Please communicate with me if you missed the earlier
posting and would like to know more.

Gene Yetter
New Jersey Myc. Assoc. & New York Myc. Society

Reply to: gyetter at panix.com