How to clone mushrooms?

sean kevin cooney seancoo at wam.umd.edu
Thu Feb 16 11:07:19 EST 1995

	I was hoping someone out there could explain to me how to clone
a mushroom or point me to some literature that would explain the process
to me.  And furthermore is the process species specific.  I'm a poor
undergraduate who loves shiitake mushrooms and other wild species, but can't
really afford them or get out enough to collect them as often as I'd
like.  I have access to a lab and autoclave (etc.), in which I work, so I
have everything I need (I think) at my finger-tips but the know-how.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated!!
				thanks,
					Sean (seancoo at wam.umd.edu)