Help!

Jim Berlstein VPGH51A at prodigy.com
Tue Feb 21 11:43:35 EST 1995

Dustin,
Psilocybe cubensis SPORES are probably legal, as they contain no
psilocybin.  If you do grow the mushrooms, however, they contain
psilocybin, a reasonably effective hallucinogen similar to LSD.  Then you
will be guilty of not only posession of a controled substance, but the
manufacture of a controled substance.  Under today's draconian and
misguided drug laws, this could subject you to jail time and the possible
confiscation of your home, just as if you were operating a large
methamphetamine factory.  In practice, I do not think the laws against
possesion of psilocybin are enforced to this absurd level, yet I believe
it is possible in theory. If all you want out of a mushroom is a good
meal, I would reccomend some other species, preferbly one not in the
psilocybe genus.  Best of luck.

-
  JIM BERLSTEIN  VPGH51A at prodigy.com