Help!

Jim Berlstein VPGH51A at prodigy.com
Thu Feb 23 10:13:23 EST 1995

LegaL status of psilocybe spores-

     I talked to my friendly defense lawyer friend last night.  This is
what I learned:

      Spores, if they contain no psilocybin/psilocin AND they contain no
restricted chemical precursers to these compounds, then they are not
illegal, but.......
purchasing them, or having them can probably be used to show an intent to
manufacture psilocybin; and an overzealous police force, with visions of
confiscated property and big police parties, can charge you with
Conspiricy to manufacture a controled substance.  If  you happen to order
spores and a growing kit from a false company that is really a sting
operation, then, assuming you used your home phone, your home is a
location that has facilitated this conspiracy, and is subject to
confiscation.  Hard to believe but true. So, while the legal status of
spores is still debatable as far as I know, they can clearly get you into
trouble either way. I apologize for any inaccurate information I may have
conveyed.

-
  JIM BERLSTEIN  VPGH51A at prodigy.com