Climate change and mycorrhizae

Peter Werner boe666 at u.washington.edu
Sat Jan 7 19:31:09 EST 1995

I'm going to be writing a research paper on the effects of several types
of environmental disruption on mycorrhizae and how this in turn effects
forest health.  So far, I've been able to find quite a bit of literature
on the effects of acid precipitation on mycorrhizae, as well as some
literature on the effects of disturbances such as logging.

What I haven't been able to find is anything about the effects of climate
change on mycorrhizal fungi.  Changes in temperature and, especially,
precipitation patterns would seem to have a strong effect on these fungi,
significantly altering the distribution of these species, at the very
least.  If anyone knows of any literature that has been written about
this subject, I'd greatly appreciate the reference.

Thanks in advance,
PGW