Abstract, Larson and Nuss, EMBO J. 13(1994), 5616-5623.

Jessie Micales jmicales at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 9 16:20:39 EST 1995

>Altered Transcriptional Response to Nutrient Availability in
>Hypovirus-Infected
>Chestnut Blight Fungus

>EMBO J.  13(1994), 5616-5623

>Thomas G. Larson and Donald L. Nuss

>Roche Institute of Molecular Biology
>Roche Research Center
>Nutley, NJ 07110, USA

>Abstract

>The gene lac-1, encoding the enzyme laccase, is one of several genes
>of the chestnut blight fungus, Cryphonectria parasitica, that are suppressed
>by virulence-attenuating mycoviruses of the genus Hypovirus.

Oh, it does my heart good everytime I see the chestnut blight fungus called
Cryphonectria parasitica.  Back in the days when it used to be Endothia, a
certain member on my dissertation committee had kittens when my research
conclusions supported the change to Cryphonectria.  She wanted me to
rewrite my entire dissertation, but my major professor went to the Dean
and had her taken off of my committee AFTER the defense.  He then
checked into the hospital with stress-related heart pains!  What we go
through for a Ph.D.!