ropy mutants of N. crassa?

Matthew Sachs msachs at ADMIN.OGI.EDU
Tue Jan 31 12:48:50 EST 1995

>At a meeting last year, someone mentioned ropy (?) mutants
>of N. crassa in connection with hyphal branching, nuclear movement,
>morphology etc.
>It was said there were 11 genes, and 3 had been cloned.
>I tried to find reference to these in recent literature,
>but could not.  Can anyone give me a reference to
>these mutants (maybe I misheard the name!).
>

>--
>Geoff Turner
> University of Sheffield

Michael Plamann's group has been doing fascinating work with ropy mutants.

Plamann, M., Minke, P. E., Tinsley, J. H., and Bruno, K. S. (1994).
Cytoplasmic dynein and actin-related protein Arp1 are required for normal
nuclear distribution in filamentous fungi. J. Cell Biol. 127, 139-149.

Matthew Sachs
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology
20000 NW Walker Road
P.O. Box 91000
Portland, OR  97291-1000
503 690-1487 Phone