What should I expect from a general mycology course?

Eric Grunden egrunden at prairienet.org
Sun Jul 2 00:38:46 EST 1995

This Fall I'll be transferring into the U of I and will
be taking a general mycology course. Can someone who's
taken such a course (espec. at U/I) give me a general idea
about what such a course focuses in on? How will it differ
from the fungal sections of a scientific biology course?
It involves a lab, should I be honing my knowledge of
spawning techniques? Will mycorhizzae be covered in such
a course? How about mycoparasites (fungi that lives off of
other fungi)?

Any info. is appreciated..............................

						= eg =