Psilocybe Cyanescens

Marco Floriani mflorian at sun10.inf.unitn.it
Mon Jul 3 03:24:08 EST 1995

Psilocybe cyanescens is a quite rare species, which is nevertheless described
in many books dealing with this genus or even in some more general floras. I'm
sure you can find a full description of it in R. Watling and N. Mac Gregory's
"British Fungus Flora" vol. 5 (which deals with Strophariaceae and Coprinaceae,
genera Stropharia, Hypholoma, Melanotus, Psilocybe, Panaeolus, etc.).
This species was found very abundant last fall in Switzerland, where it was
growing in the urban parks. Alfredo Riva, a well known Swiss mycologist, has
presented a complete macro- and microscopic description of the species in the
Swiss Bullettin of Mycology, supplying it with a beautiful color photograph. If
I remember correctly, it should be the first issue of 1995, but if you are
real-
ly interested, please E-mail me and I'll check it out.

                                     I hope this can be of help
                                           Marco Floriani
Marco Floriani
Via Vigolana, 8