Amanita phalloides - not in my back yard!

Jim Berlstein VPGH51A at prodigy.com
Sat Jul 8 10:44:23 EST 1995

Since this is a mycorhizal fungus (symbiotic),
You might consider the extreme measure of killing
the tree, or trees, that the fungus coexists with. If they fruit in a
circular area around one particular tree, it should not be too hard to
figure out which tree to kill.  I think they usually associate with
evergreens in this country, although some amanitias seem to associate
with different trees in different areas.
The man who ID'd the fungus might know.

Best of luck,

-
  JIM BERLSTEIN  VPGH51A at prodigy.com