Help: Vogel's medium N

Matthew Sachs msachs at admin.ogi.edu
Fri Jul 7 18:55:43 EST 1995

esiegel at UNIX1.SNCC.LSU.EDU (Eric Robb Siegel) wrote:

> The Vogel's medium N is also given in a lengthy article by Davis and DeSerre
> (I think that's the proper spelling) on Neurospora Genetics which appeared in
> Methods in Enzymology circa 1975.  The volume also has articles on yeast
> genetics and Bacillus genetics.
>
> I don't have the Vogel's medium N recipe in front of me, but I use it for
> growing Fusarium, partly because the recipe is for a 50X stock solution.  It
> sure beats weighing out six or seven mineral salts every time I want to whip up a liter of medium.

The reference for this article:

Davis, R. H., and de Serres, F. J. (1970). Genetic and microbiological research techniques for Neurospora crassa. Methods. Enzymol. 27A, 79-143.

Matthew Sachs
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology
20000 NW Walker Road
P.O. Box 91000
Portland, OR  97291-1000
503 690-1487 Phone