Morel mycelium

BrianMc brianmc at
Tue Jul 25 10:26:16 EST 1995

If no less a personage than Tom Volk says it sounds like you do have morel
mycelium, then I'd be hard pressed to disagree.  Indoor morel cultivation
has been described in three U.S. Patents (#4,594,809, etc.), and morel
mycelium itself is used as a source of mushroom flavor.  It's chief
advantage is that it is quite fast growing.

There are also several methods for outdoor culture, none of which are more
than 50% effective.

BTW, if all the respondents to this thread agree, I'd like to cross-post
this entire thread to my newsletter.  Any mention of morels makes my day.