wood decay fungi

Thu Jun 1 11:42:47 EST 1995

In article <tjvolk.84.2FCC8C27 at facstaff.wisc.edu>, tjvolk at facstaff.wisc.edu
(Tom Volk) writes:
>In article <005769k.40.2FC9E82D at axe.acadiau.ca> 005769k at axe.acadiau.ca
(DANIEL G. KEHLER) writes:

>> I'm looking for a key to fungi that would include most of the wood
>>decay fungi (families Polyporaceae, Hydnaceaea, Clavariaceae,
>>Thelephoraceae, Dacrymycetaceae, Tremellaceae, Agaricaceae and others).

(text deleted)

>excellent series The Corticiaceae of North Europe, by Erikssson Ryvarden, et
>al. has been published by Fungiflora. The keys are very good. The species of

There is a new book out called the Lignicolous Corticioid Fungi (Basidiomycota)
of North America: Systematics, Distribution, and Ecology, by J. Ginns and
M. N. L. Lefebvre.  I don't see any keys listed in the promo. for it, but it
might be worth checking out- has anyone had a chance to look at it?  -RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773