Indoor Growing of Morels?

Tom Volk tjvolk at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 5 11:30:10 EST 1995

In article <1995Jun4.224133.11396 at dagobert.ka.sub.org> wolf at dagobert.ka.sub.org (Wolfgang Greiner) writes:

>Has there been any progress in the indoor growing of morels
>since Paul Stamets published his great book "Growing Gourmet and
>Medical Mushrooms"?
>Has anyone managed to grow morels using the techniques outlined by
>the patent of Ron Ower?
>Thanks.
> Wolfgang Greiner                     wolf at dagobert.ka.sub.org
>Stadtwaldstr. 9, 76456 Kuppenheim, Germany

Hi Wolfgang.  To my knowledge, no one in the world has been able to grow
morels indoors using the methods described in either morel patent (US Pat
nos. 4,594,809 or 4,757,640).
If anyone knows of someone who has succesfully done this I would like
hear about it.
---Tom Volk  Center for Forest Mycology Research, Forest Products Lab,
Madison Wisconsin, and UW-Madison Dept of Botany <tjvolk at facstaff.wisc.edu>