wood decay fungi

Tom Volk tjvolk at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 5 11:25:25 EST 1995

In article <D9I6FB.Izu at yew.pfc.forestry.ca> rwinder at PFC.Forestry.CA (Richard Winder) writes:

>There is a new book out called the Lignicolous Corticioid Fungi
>(Basidiomycota)
>of North America: Systematics, Distribution, and Ecology, by J. Ginns and
>M. N. L. Lefebvre.  I don't see any keys listed in the promo. for it, but it
>might be worth checking out- has anyone had a chance to look at it?  -RSW
>  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
>  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773
>  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: RWINDER at A1.PFC.Forestry.CA

Hi Richard.  Ginns and Lefebvre have published an excellent book listing all
the lignicolous corticioid fungi in North America.  There are no keys, but
that was not the intention of this book.  It does, however list all the
species, their synonyms and place of publication, which is extremely useful
information in itself.  Also listed are the published geographical and host
distributions, ecological information, cultural characteristics and
additional references. An excellent reference book to the species of
Corticiaceae.
---Tom Volk  Center for Forest Mcology Research, Forest Products Lab,
Madison Wisconsin & UW-Madison Dept of Botany <tjvolk at facstaff.wisc.edu>