Indoor Growing of Morels?

Tom Volk tjvolk at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 6 08:39:40 EST 1995

In article <3r0sbq$30m at newsbf02.news.aol.com> mycoworld at aol.com (MycoWorld) writes:

>Terry Farms has been producing morels although not necessarily exactly as
>per the patents.  They plan to open a morel facility in Auburn, Alabama
>(USA) by this fall.
>Jerry, Editor - The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter
>MycoWorld at aol.com

This is true.  However, the way I understand it, Terry farms has
bought into the technology of Neogen/Morel Mountain (the holders of the
morel patents), which is (apparently) not the same as the methods
stated in the patents. They *are* able to grow and fruit morels indoors, but
their methods remain proprietary.
---Tom Volk, Center for Forest Mycology Research, Forest Products Lab,
Madison, WI and UW- Madison Dept. of Botany <tjvolk at facstaff.wisc.edu>