Wild mushroom hunting sites in Southern California?

Gordon Beakes G.W.Beakes at ncl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 9 07:38:25 EST 1995

In article <3om5bf$8oo at qualcomm.com>, Vladi Repkin <vrepkin at abe.qualcomm.com> says:

>I spent 1 year in Riverside over 10 years ago. From what I recall their is an active
mushroom group based in LA. Collecting is mainly from Dec-Feb (weird). Try contacting John Menge
Depart of Plant Pathology, UCR, Riverside for more info.

I remenber so interesting collecting excursions in the San Jacinto Mountains (Pines to Palms trail)
where we found some interesting truffles and some nice Amanita'a and
Boletes (mid January time).